Sunday 11 October 2015

Research Into Set Building

Stop Motion Set Design

A YouTuber called AnimateClay has uploaded a video of to make a set, I have found it helpful in how I am going to go about making my set.

Sites


I found this site helpful because it gives tips for making different types of furniture and making sure that the scale looks right with your characters.
This is something that I have found challenging in past projects as I tend to make my set too large.

Books

Winslow, C. The Handbook of Model-Making For Set Designers, (2008) The Crowood Press Ltd.

Shaw, S. Stop Motion: Craft Skills For Model Animation (2008) Focal Press.

I found both of these books helpful for tips and ideas for props to add into my set.


Building the set for ParaNorman - Laika



Other films with a pirate set

Pirates In An Adventure With Scientists

Behind the scenes of Pirates.


Cod Steaks are the company that build sets for Aardman's films, including a lot of the props.
This is a video of the different artists that work there and have created the set of Pirates In An Adventure With Scientists.

Cod Steaks' website showing the pirate ship they made for the film.

Cod Steaks' website for the sets of the film.

I have also looked into the making of the short film "The Maker" (2011)
It shows the full process from start to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment