Friday 15 January 2016

Reflection Of The Module

Overall I think that this module went well even though I'm not as far through the pre-production as I thought I would be. I'm glad that I got a head start on the storyboarding and looking at my characters before I came back to university in September. This made sure that I really knew the story before I started to work on it. It also made it easier when I had to cut parts out of the full story to make it into a trailer or short story a couple of weeks into the module.

I think that I didn't finish my sets in time because I was struggling to find a way to make my island set and getting the funds to buy the materials for the sets, and this took up valuable time that I could have used to be making it. Also when doing my research for the careers choices in the professional practice module I've found that for a project of my size it would usually have 3 or more people working on it with a lot more time to do it. But this has been a great way to see how much detail and time that goes into the pre-production of a stop motion film.
This just shows that in the industry I won't be alone making a project as I am now and that I will be able delegate work to others.
That being said I have enjoyed all the aspects of the making of this project, it has helped me develop and work on the different parts of the pre-production that I wouldn't normally get to work on, such as the story boarding. Cinematography isn't my strongest skill and I was happy to be able to develop and practice this. It helped that I was working from a children's illustrated book to be able to gain inspiration from the images.

In the future I would like to work on further projects that have come from children's books because I like that the story can have no boundaries, it can go anywhere and help children learn in the process.
I find hidden meaning in stories very interesting and it always surprises me to look back at films and tv shows that I used to watch and find new hidden meaning that would have previously gone over my head or I wouldn't have realised I was learning as a child.

I will continue to keep updating this blog as and when I complete different parts of my pre-production before the production module starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment